I used to think that studying/eating/doing anything alone was a really 'meh' thing. But at 19 now, I beg to differ, I've come to enjoy this new form of solitude.
/ Alone is taking a break from the pressures of your social circle, happy to stay at home for a while and simply recharge. It is ordering food, choosing a movie that you've been wanting to see forever, and cuddling up with as many pillows as you want to take for yourself. It is feeling the satisfaction of selfishness, the refreshing reprieve from having to take others' concerns into account. It is being as informal and messy as you want to be, happy in the knowledge that no one will be there to judge you if you don't get to the dishes right after you finish eating.
So after mornings and mornings of having to climb out of bed thanks to a ringing alarm, I decided to just set that aside for today AND I GOT OUT OF BED AT 12:30PM GOSH, that felt greeeat. Had a battle with my mind trying to decide between staying home or coming to the library and thankfully I made the right choice of dragging my lazy ass here. There are a lot of "fake" tests coming up in school recently and as much as I love to procrastinate when it comes to studying, these tests really force me to study and acknowledge the concepts that I haven't gotten a grip on. And every time I realise something, it's like a shit just got real moment you know.
Side note, I always tell my closer friends that Queenstown library is like a second home to me. This is probably the place I've been to on my own the most number of times in all 19 years of my existence. Through the O level days, A level days and prolly also for the next three years to come till I'm done with uni?

.jpg)
.jpg)
p.s. i think i got judged by this little boy who walked past me while i took this photo and p.p.s i should probably stop digressing from stats and get some productivity going ok bye! Happy midweek ya'll :)
No comments:
Post a Comment