September 08, 2013

"Imagine meeting someone who understood even the dustiest corners ofyour mixed-up soul" —Tumblr (my getaway)

It's the third day of the September holiday. Well, holiday for most students but "study break" for JC kids like myself. Before i start, I'd like to again emphasise on how fast time is passing by!!! I can't seem to grasp the fact that I'm already 1 and 3/4 year done with my pre-university education, which means that in just another 2 months' time, I'll be out of school and moving on to the next phase of my life. Can't decide if I'm happy or sad. But I am pretty damn sure that I want (and need) A's to be over and TADA 8 MONTHS HOLIDAY AWAITS. I bet most of us girls already have our bucket-list ready: "things to do after A's / before i die"

Yup, that aside, between trying to cramp all my revisions into this short study break and balancing my Independent Study research essay (which I'd love and hope to get it over and done with by Tuesday!! I'm on my 7th draft and I'm thankful that I am finally going in the right direction), I've also been doing a lot of catching up with my dear friends since the 10 days break started. Shien-Li is back in town for summer break so elaine and I met her for a late noon brunch yesterday and I realise we had so much catching up to do. It's really nice seeing people I haven't met in monthssss!

Tiong Bahru Bakery @ 56 Eng Hoon Street — clockwise direction: cappuccino, ham and cheese quiche, chocolate kouign-amann, macchiato, squid ink specialty bun with salmon and herbs
 

Laine and i went to explore the streets of tiong bahru after sending shien off to meet her other friends at holland v and i must say i was really amazed at all the hidden cafes and bookstores that i never knew existed (depsite staying just 15mins away). Some of them are so vintage and pretty that best and i decided we'd go back to explore and take more nice pictures. Excited bout our next trip there after my prelims already :)

x, till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment