March 23, 2015

Combined Dance Concert: A Journey Through Time / Open House (SIM)

Hi guys! I finally have the time to put down my thoughts about CDC '15 which happened on 06 March. In other words, the whole of week 8/52 had been absolutely tiring for me. Maybe tired would be an understatement because the following week after concert was SIM's Open House so it was like 2 straight weeks of activities for me. I'll do a combined post since we performed the same item for both events and I can also chuck all the pictures together in one entry (don't say I did not forewarn you all for the upcoming pictures flood).

This combined dance concert involved the 4 dance clubs in SIM whereby each club had approximately 10-15 mins performance time on stage. So if you'd calculate, it wasn't a very long concert. But I personally enjoyed all the items very much despite being involved in just one, which was Broadway Jazz. Needless to say, a normal human like me would be biased towards my own club but the rest of the performances were sooo goood as well. Watching the Salsa dancers flip and twirl in the air left my jaw hanging a little bit. And yunno, Hip Hop is and always will be that genre of dance that would get the attention of people simply because the dance moves can get so va-va-voom. If you know what I mean.

I shan't bore everyone with my incomprehensible typing **WARNING: here comes the


My pillar of strength came straight to deliver love right after army duty calls


Just for gag featuring my facial expression

May I clarify that I was REALLY happy

Moving on.. As much as I am a student of the school, I'd have to admit that SIM's Open House can be seriously pathetic. It's like... a ghost town. But at least we had a popcorn and candy floss cart. Here's day 1!


When I'm told to strike a decent pose. I am judging myself as I type this

It's not every single day you get to feel tall *smirks*

Somebody please call Vogue. Or the Institute of Mental Hospital? HAHAHA I DIES

Behind every Instagram worthy picture is a friend who ditches her image for you

And behind every all-girls picture is a poor guy who gets dragged for no reason

Took a lot less pictures on the second day of Open House because I think most of us were losing the hype, and we were honestly getting exhausted. It was going to be the 5th time some of us performed the same item.


This guy's appearance totally perked me up though. So what was R doing at SIM? Stay tune to find out more in the upcoming post!

It's currently week 11/52 wow where did all the time go? In view of all the 12 hours rehearsals that took place for the CDC, it somehow brings my memory back to a year ago, where some time in March/April 2014 I was also exhausting my soul out for the PJC Elemental concert (which I wrote about here if you'd care).

Some days really stay gold forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment