I am not one who pays too much attention to political talks nor affairs but seeing how the nation came together in view of, sadly, the passing of Singapore's founding father really moved me. My aunt was hospitalised for 6 days at SGH last week (she's fine now) and she happened to be staying at the same block as Mr Lee Kuan Yew. I went to the hospital for 4 days and almost every single day since his passing, I saw a large amount of people coming forward to pay their last respect at the open area below block 7 with flowers, balloons, cards etc.
The sight was very touching.

Over the past 2 days, television channels have also been airing back to back programmes which portrays Mr LKY's contribution to the Singapore today. I watched with sissy the interviews reporters did with the locals. We could tell that some of them who are in their 50s/60s or even 70s and have gone through hardship alongside Singapore's growth from the past till now hold a lot of sentiments towards the nation's change. As these people voiced out their thoughts and sadness with tears streaming down their cheeks, it only goes to show that there are actually many people out there who appreciates Mr LKY and his achievements for the country as opposed to all his critics and their senseless comments. The most heartbreaking scene of all are the stills of Mr Lee Hsien Loong holding back tears as he addressed the citizens on national tv. I can't even imagine how hard it is for a son to do that, though that is required of him.
I may not have been a Singaporean for three quarter of my life, but having lived in sg for almost 15 years and seeing how this little country provides its people with all that we need, I know we certainly have to give credit to the man behind all these. I hope he's at peace now, knowing that everything he's given up and done throughout his life, has allowed most of us to be enjoying the fruits of his labour today and will come to enjoy even in the future. Rest in peace sir ✿
I may not have been a Singaporean for three quarter of my life, but having lived in sg for almost 15 years and seeing how this little country provides its people with all that we need, I know we certainly have to give credit to the man behind all these. I hope he's at peace now, knowing that everything he's given up and done throughout his life, has allowed most of us to be enjoying the fruits of his labour today and will come to enjoy even in the future. Rest in peace sir ✿
P.s. everyone needs to read this article Mr LKY's daughter wrote for her father.
"For reasons of sentiment, I would like part of my ashes to be mixed up with Mama's, and both her ashes and mine put side by side in the columbarium. We were joined in life and I would like our ashes to be joined after this life."
- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/lkys-daughter-love-does-indeed-spring-eternal#sthash.SIH5RVPQ.JaIdFyk6.gbpl
FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff
/div>
No comments:
Post a Comment