March 27, 2015

"Even though it's a little bit sad to have to leave some parts of your life behind you, it's crucial. There's more to do. You're needed in the future, where a newer, stronger version of you is waiting."

March has been the busiest of month, and I really mean my words. Of sleepless nights and emotions being thrown all over the place. Nonetheless, I would still say March will easily be one of my favourite time of the year. Perhaps it's my birthday month, and I feel extra loved from all the kind souls around me.

Kinda lost track of all the happenings as of late so I'll just document down what happened over the course of my birthday. 

To begin with, I got an epic surprise. This one of a sweet pea of mine managed to gather the special bunch from PJC 2 days before my actual birthday. It was literally a surprise because I was supposed to be performing for SIM's Open House that day, and the whole bunch of them appeared in my face right when the emcee was already introducing Dance Art. It was quite funny considering my not very surprised reaction to my own birthday surprise but frankly I am so grateful for everyone who took time off their busy schedules to come together for me.


After Open House, R went with me for a steamboat gathering with the dancers. By the time we were almost done eating, I was shifting from one table to another thanks to my chatty nature. You know some days when you're so happy you just won't stop talking to any humans within your vicinity. Out of the blue, I found everyone gathering around me and I have to say I must have been really oblivious to my surrounding for me to realise what was happening only when the cake was brought to my face. Little things like getting sung a birthday song really gets to me!

Oh and R and I were made to.....

SUCCUMB TO PEER PRESSURE #kidsdontlearn

The day ended on a happy note and I still feel so blessed thinking about it.  

The following day, I celebrated together with the fambam. We had Japanese buffet at Irodori. Not a major fan of sashimi and raw food but just look at these

And I suspect I have a growing love for strawberry short cake over the years. Also, when your mom is as much of a camwhore as you, you end up having 358697 pictures of yourself holding the birthday cake but I'll just post... a few.


Side note, I just noticed how long it's been since I've had a proper meal with the whole family cos the men of the house are always busy at work. Nevertheless, thank you to the three main ladies, for simply everything in my life thus far. From the mother's incessant nagging to the guidance about life from sissy and mama #2 since day zero. Growing up has made me more appreciative of all the little things I used to overlook in the past.


On 16/03 itself, I met R in the evening and we had Marché. This guy is being very sneaky with my belated birthday present. Anyway, we killed time walking around Vivo after dinner. I feel as though age is really catching up with me. It's like I no longer have the same desire to make my birthday a huge hooha anymore, especially in recent years.


Just before the day was going to be over, sj appeared at my gate holding a slice of cake with a lighted candle on it. This girl really acts like the female version of my boyfriend sometimes. Thank you poh poh! You're a gem. Like what you've wrote in my card, I also believe God placed you in my life for obvious reasons.


Handmade macarons from my one and only talented chef poh!!

The day after my birthday, I met a few of the DA girls to study and have dinner before heading back to school for dance together. We ate at Hatched and when the bill came, I was preparing to pay for my food but it took me almost forever to realise the girls were intending to give me a belated birthday treat. Thank you girls! I was joking about the "I should have ordered more expensive food" part.


I forgot when it was but a few days later, I received a handwritten card from these 2, who definitely understand me well enough after 7 going to 8 years. Thank you chong chong and kim. Snail mail always the best mail. You girls know me!


And just like that, I've hit the big 2. The main take away I've gotten from my birthday over the years is one life lesson in general: those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. My dance instructor was asking me the other day why don't I reveal my birthdate on Facebook and I replied him something along the line of "because the ones who should know, would know" which I really believe in. I find that as you drift away from certain people at the different stages in life, what it really takes are the ones who still bother, be it the old or new. And for that, THANK YOU to all those who are still sticking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment