I'm clearly having some sort of a wanderlust lately because every other human being's social media that I happen to chance upon has to be showing pictures of another country that they are currently in or have gone to. I don't really have much of a travel plan this term break, unless Malaysia counts, but it's alright because I'm always excited about going back home to a bigger family. To put it more simply, I'd say sitting on an aeroplane seat is enough to make me feel like I am going somewhere and the destination doesn't really matter as long as it's getting outside of this sunny o' island for a little while.
With that said, on Sunday I went on a double date to Pulau Ubin! It felt so liberating to be out and about after facing the books for so long. Going out on proper adventures actually reminds me that yes, finals are over and done with.
Woke up bright and early on Sunday morning and met tj and his +1 at Changi Village. We took a ferry for about 15mins to bring us across to Pulau Ubin island. Spent almost all of our time there cycling around on bicycles we rented, with a few stops in between here and there to have lunch as well as take pictures at different spots. Oh, I bought a disposable kodak camera along and the refreshing thing about one-time-use film cameras is that everything just feels so old school and vintage because you don't get to see how the pictures are going to turn out until you develop them. I can't wait to collect them!
The sun on Sunday (no pun intended) though, was merciless. I could feel the heat on my skin and how it hurts to be exposed to the sun for too long even with all the sun screen applied. Even saw a couple riding on couple bikes with the girl holding an umbrella at the back seat haha. My sun burnt skin is itching as I am typing this right now ugh! Another thing is, I love nature per se, but what's with all the mosquitoes attack everywhere around the island *smacks forehead*. Other than that, everything else was good (except the part where I slipped on huge slippery stones at the seaside area just 10mins before we were bound for the jetty to return to Changi and now I've 147235 cuts on my leg and hand). Adventures are so much better with the right company.
'nuff said, pictures from our phones.
'nuff said, pictures from our phones.
























No comments:
Post a Comment