May 16, 2014

19/52

thoughts: I'm beginning to notice a little pattern on this space, that is I tend to draft or post my entries on Fridays, which is prolly due to it being my no-work (in other words, rest) day. Maybe I should start doing Fri(up)dates consistently rather than being a couch potato and surfing the net on the tv all day long? hm...

But anyway hi! how has everyone been? You all would have thought I spent my past week rotting away since it's post-concert week but nope! While it does feel a little empty without all the night rehearsals as of late, I've diverted my attention back to work and some other things.

This work week has been a little unsteady for me though. I don't mean it in a very bad way but because there are a few teachers at Berries who are on their yearly leave, as the part timer at work, I have to substitute as assistant teacher in their classes. In other words, that means I don't get to go into the classes I usually do. I don't really fancy that because I have a rather strong sense of attachment with my usual kids.. so yeah. Hopefully my schedules would be back to normal next week!

Post mother's day with my queen:
it was a "pamper mommy" day — we went for a good full body massage followed by our monthly mani & pedi session at our regular nails studio. Allow me a proud daughter moment because i refused to let momsie spend any money that day
 
got my white nails fix while my toes are painted black... mmm back to basics much? hehe. momsie painted hers the feminine wine red with some nail art i think it's really classic

p.s. didn't have a very fancy meal with my ladies on mother's day because the mothers wanted to wait for granny to be with us in Singapore next week before we bring her out for a good meal together. So on 11 may itself, we settled for a very cosy steamboat dinner instead. Well, cosy in the sense of having each others presence and not literally. The weather has been quite crazy lately in my opinion. Is it just me?! or does night time actually feels quite humid too argh! I'd prefer the cold over heat any time.
 

Vesak day/ Grease the musical date with claire:
managed to catch a little bit of tuesday's sunset though it would have been better if the buildings opposite marina bay sands did not block out our view
 
presenting my new found love, i think every $ spent on this pair of sandals was worth it. may be too early to pass the verdict but I LOVE IT SO MUCH FOR NOW
 
i actually quite like this solo shot of me (please pardon claire and my inner tourist side), but my hair just had to ruin it thanks hair
 
our musical was supposed to start at 8pm sharp and since we were at mbs rather early, we walked around aimlessly and lo and behold!!!!!!!!!! we spotted the hottest villain from the amazing spider-man as PRADA's model o m g *instantly whips out camera*
 
dane dehaan come to mama
 
caught up a little with ame who was also there for the musical with her family before we parted ways and got seated respectively. here's us doing the \m/ hand sign which.... isn't even representative of Grease hahaha that's our final hand pose for syf that terence came up with but since our dance theme was also Grease so why not \m/ \m/ \m/
 
me thinks to self: "this angle seems a little awkward....."
 
".... okay let me switch side, problem solved!"
 
ame's papa who literally ran into the picture to be one of us haha what a cutie
 
when everything ended at 10 sharp, we were immediately dwelling in syf-withdrawal-sadness once again, there should really be a hashtag #dancersproblem for symptoms like this, really.

On the whole, i enjoyed myself and GREASE THE MUSICAL WAS SOOOOOO GOOD. PERIOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment