So the big question is where do I go from here? I guess this post title says it all.. which leads me to my next point that there are indeed many things in life that are unplanned for. They may or may not always be situations that are in our favour but I think what really matters is how we choose to face these circumstances and not let them bring us down. In all honesty, I kinda saw this one coming —the rejection. But really, having to deal with it when it is actually here right smack in my face is entirely a different thing. I'm pretty sure all, if not most people have been through this phase of their lives at a certain point in time. You've probably gone through failures/rejections/or any sort. Trust me, everyone has. What I want to get across is that in the midst of trying to overcome such hurdles, what's more important is learning to let go of things because ultimately, you'll come to find that it is necessary to let things go, simply for the reason that they are heavy, just like weights tied to our ankles. As cliche as it sounds, I've always believed in the saying that when one door closes, another opens. To the people out there who may or may not be on the same boat as me, I hope you'll learn to not dwell in regrets at that particular closed door, but rather, take a step back and look at the boundless opportunities that could happen if you would make it.
So I had a talk with some important people in my life after receiving the not-too-welcoming news and I suppose my path's been more or less set. I've looked through some of the available programmes on the SIM global education website and if nothing goes wrong (again), I'm likely to be pursuing a bachelor of science in business and management at the SIM university (in partnership with the university of London) come this end of August. I just earnestly pray that things will be more smooth sailing from here onwards, and that my poor soul would be ready for more 'surprises' along the way.
So I had a talk with some important people in my life after receiving the not-too-welcoming news and I suppose my path's been more or less set. I've looked through some of the available programmes on the SIM global education website and if nothing goes wrong (again), I'm likely to be pursuing a bachelor of science in business and management at the SIM university (in partnership with the university of London) come this end of August. I just earnestly pray that things will be more smooth sailing from here onwards, and that my poor soul would be ready for more 'surprises' along the way.
That aside, I ought to be asleep right now but I decided to not miss out on week 21/52's fri(up)date so I'm actually doing it here, all the way from Taiwan! On this huge white fluffy bed. Everything about being in Taiwan is great and I don't really want to go home. Appreciating this trip so much more simply because I'm here with the people I love most. Sadly, I'm home-bound after 3 more sleeps so... till then singaBore!
ur mindset is 👍. things will come out 👌. im proud of you regardless 💕 p.s. care to come down to my workplace at tanjong pagar for an hour lunch? 😆
ReplyDeleteso lousy cannot read.... embarrassingly, they are a thumbs up, an ok sign and my heart 4 u ^_^ and sneaky smiles 4 all of us.
ReplyDeletehehe hi hun! thanks for being ever so encouraging. anyway yep, i'm on a one week break from work now, till next wednesday! i'll text you over the next few days yeah :)
ReplyDelete