August 16, 2014

32/52

School has started proper for me this week but since my timetable is quite chillax (I only have lectures on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays), I hung out with a few group of people, some of which I haven't seen in for-e-ver.

I was supposed to meet with the group of dancers from new town on Tuesday. It's a yearly affair with them. I missed out on Hari Raya at S's house this year due to the trip back to Malaysia so we actually made an effort to plan another pizza party at Linden Drive BUT I received a message at the last minute notifying me that I got through the dance audition at SIM so I had to report on the night I was planning to meet the girls. Argh I feel so apologetic because we've been doing lots of rescheduling all thanks to me. Nonetheless, I had a great time at my new CCA (Dance Art), meeting new people and sweating it out with fellow dancers. Haven't been up to all these stretching (splits in particular) since I graduated from new town so my body naturally ached like maaaaad the day after training.

On my first day of school, I met nora and shiyuan for lunch at NUS after I ended lecture and we crashed sy's dorm after that. I'm so happy to hear that the girls are both enjoying their hall life so much! We always have never-ending conversations (read: gossips) hehe. Ok spam pictures time so that I can delete some from my camera roll hahaha don't kill me please girls my iPhone's memory is being used up at the speed of rocket. 


What happens when nora tries to hold the camera...... #shakyhands

On Friday, I met Shien-Li (and friends) who's back from the US for summer break! It's funny how we were from the same primary school but only got closer in secondary school. I guess new town really brings people together. Chuan Shen came along with us too, the last time I saw him was last year Teacher's Day. Check out Chuan's pants!!!! Doesn't it look like he wore boxers straight out from bed......... He claims that it's a beach theme on him erm can somebody please remind me why we are friends again?


Had brunch with Davin and Elaine today!!!! I'm so glad we finally met?! And I think we did like two years worth of catching up no really I'm not joking that's how long the three of us haven't been out together. P.s. can finally update our whatsapp group chat icon after so long, this was the previous picture we had by the way. So ancient it's museum worthy..


Brunch was at Jamaica Blue. Sunny side up, scrambled eggs, poached eggs. I laaav eggs. I'm glad that I still feel so comfortable around these two even though we hardly ever see each other anymore. And guess who is now a certified driver vroomvroom *proud bestie moment*


On normal days I am Adel(e)ne. On Starbucks day, I am otherwise known as Adel(i)ne

Side note, I didn't have time to blog about this one so it's a little backdated. But I finally met my favourite girls three weeks ago after what seemed like the longest time ever. Almost five months I think?! Gosh I missed you girls (so much). And thank god for technology, such that all our little conversations could happen on Whatsapp or iMessage. 


Sometimes I really just go into a daze and reminisc about the good ol' days in new town.

I'm just so glad that I'm past the phase where I keep having thoughts about how some friendships won't last (I mean I am pretty damn sure it's just a girl thing right, and it's probably also a vicious cycle). I think I am old and matured enough to get my head straight at this age. Whatever lasts, lasts. I hope that 10, 20, or even 50 years down the road, nothing would have changed with some of my closest friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment